Saturday, June 29, 2013

Time Well Spent


WOW! Where do I begin? Throughout this last week of my studies at Walden University, I have really been reflecting on everything that I have learned. It seems as though my time at Walden has flown by, but when I think of all the research, papers, blogs, and discussions that have taught me a GREAT deal, it doesn’t seem like it has went by as quickly.

I have learned so much that there is no way I could list it all, therefore I’ll only list three things that stick out in my mind. One thing is that I uncovered my true passion in the early childhood field. I have always wanted to teach children because I’ve always got so much joy out of teaching them. However, I have learned that my true passion is not just teaching students, but taking care of them and ensuring that they have the best start in life that sets them up to succeed in years to come. Another thing that I have learned is the characteristics of a leader. Leaders need to be mentors, inspirational motivators, collaborators, charismatic, intelligent, and have a true passion for what they are doing. The third thing that I have learned is how to complete research in a professional manner and to then report my findings in APA style. Throughout the courses taken at Walden, I have read many articles and case studies from professional journals, books, and magazines and now know how to cite these resources.

One long-term goal that I have set for myself is to manage a day care center. My father is a pastor of a church, and as the congregation grows I plan to discuss the opportunity of directing a day care center. I feel that from what I have learned from all of the courses at Walden that I have taken, it has created a foundation that will begin my approach to reaching my goal.

I would like to say goodbye to my instructor, Dr. Teri, and my fellow colleagues. I have gained so much knowledge and experience because of your feedback, suggestions, and assistance. It has been an extremely meaningful journey. I pray that each and every one of you succeed in whatever goals that you set forth for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment